Wooo! I guess the title says it all ^^
--------------------------------------
Afterwards I got to work on teh craft and implemented the following:
- Fall back lane spawning
- Add gate and outpost rebuilding spots
- Add gate scoring
- Basic item store
The fall back spawning system works by checking the side lanes for friendly spawners, and if it doesn't find any it doubles up the spawning from the main base/castle. This effectively stalls the snowball effect, and in practice works out really really well. The gate and outpost rebuilding adds a neat movement to the game that wasn't there before, and also more strategic spending options. Gate score replaced lumber and basic gold items are now in shops near the hero spawn areas.
Tomorrow I'll look into adding versus AI. If it works that should go a long way to helping me get plenty of data with which to balance out the gold economy. What remains then, gameplay wise, are the other heroes and artifacts, gate point economy, and a good hard look at creep upgrades.